|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
What’s great about it
These savoury muffins are great for a light breakfast or lunch, or as a savoury snack option to take with you to work. Kale is a great source of all three antioxidants: beta-carotene and vitamins C and E. Eggs are high in protein and contain all the essential amino acids needed for growth and repair. Including quality protein sources into your meals every day supports weight loss + healthy metabolism, maintains a healthy immune system, curbs appetite and helps to sustain lean muscle.
1 leeks, washed finely sliced
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive or avocado oil
2 – 3 handfuls baby kale
3 zucchini, grated and squeezed
pinch sea salt
80 g quality feta cheese (see notes)
6 organic eggs
1 lemon, zest only
Handful chopped parsley
small handful pine-nuts
1. Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F.
2. Sauté leek in a large heavy based pot until softened.
3. Add kale and cook through for 5 minutes until soft and wilted.
4. Add zucchini and parsely and season with salt and lemon zest.
5. Spoon the mixture into individual large muffin tins or a large a 20 cm pie dish.
6. Break eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly until combined.
7. Pour the eggs over the greens.
8. Crumble over the feta cheese and sprinkle over with a few pine-nuts.
9. Bake muffins for 30 minutes or individual pie for 40 minutes.
10. Enjoy hot or cold.
Notes and Inspiration
Use ricotta or goat’s cheese in place of feta.
Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serve alongside salad for lunch or dinner.
Enjoy on its own as a healthy snack.
Visit The Healthy Chef:Source
How Not to Die Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease Read more...
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|