Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Why Peanuts Are So Incredibly Healthy
Peanuts, which are actually a legume rather then a tree nut, are consumed around the world and used in different recipes or simply consumed raw. They are very nutritious and a great source of healthy fats while also providing many health benefits. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming peanuts regularly.
1. First, as mentioned previously, peanuts are packed with vitamins, minerals and other nutrients and are considered to be very nutrient dense. Peanuts are an amazing source of manganese, niacin, folate, vitamin E, magnesium and phosphorus to name only a few. They are also packed with antioxidants, dietary fibre and healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
2. As mentioned previously, not only are peanuts loaded with antioxidants which rival some of the richest antioxidants fruits, but they also contain unique plant compounds. To get the most antioxidants, it is best to consumed peanuts with the skin still on. Peanuts contain unique and powerful antioxidants such as resveratrol, phytic acid and phytosterols, among others.
3. Peanuts are also very heart healthy and can reduce the risk of developing heart disease. They contain many heart healthy nutrients, including magnesium and niacin. The potent antioxidants, especially resveratrol is also helpful in this regard since they can help to eliminate free radicals and oxidative stress that can damage the cardiovascular system. The healthy fats in peanuts and oleic acid are also helpful in this regard.
4. For those individuals who are more prone to gallstones, then peanut consumption can certainly help. Studies have shown that consuming peanuts has been linked to lower risks of developing gallstones. This is often attributed to the unique compounds found in peanuts and potent plant compounds.
5. Lastly, perhaps surprising to some, but consuming peanuts can help to promote the health and look of our skin. This is because peanuts contain important nutrients that are needed to keep the skin healthy and even looking more young, such as vitamin E, zinc and magnesium. The many antioxidants we have already discussed can also help to improve skin healthy and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|