Keto Friendly Herb-Roasted Turkey with Citrus Glaze
Want the prefect juicy herb-roasted Thanksgiving turkey recipe that is Keto friendly? This is it. Stuff your Thanksgiving turkey with lemons and onions. This stuffing beats that tired old bread stuffing and adds and nice tang to your turkey and is still low carb!
Baste the turkey with this citrus turkey juice for a delightful flavor that is not over powered by the herbs.
Keto Perfect Turkey Ingredients
1 13-Pound WHOLE TURKEY fresh or thawed
1 Medium onion quartered
1 lemon quartered
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
One tip is to use be sure to use a healthy oil like olive oil when coating your Thanksgiving turkey with the herbs and oil. For a mild tasting olive oil, try the Hojiblanca extra virgin olive oil from Spain.
1 Teaspoon dried thyme
1 Teaspoon dried tarragon
1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Juicy Thanksgiving Turkey Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey and reserve for broth.
- Rinse turkey with cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Place onion and lemon quarters in neck and body cavities.
- In a small bowl, mix oil with herbs, salt and pepper. With your finger tips, gently loosen skin from the breast without pulling off the skin.
- Place 1 tablespoon of herb mixture under skin; replace skin. Rub cavities and outside of turkey with remaining herb mixture.
- Secure the neck skin to the back with skewers. Fold wings under back of turkey. Place legs in tucked position. May be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for several hours.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large shallow (no more than 2-1/2 inches) deep roasting pan.
- Insert an oven-safe thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, being careful it does not touch the bone.
- Cover bird with a loose tent of foil. Roast turkey in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for about 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove foil and baste bird with pan juices. Continue to roast for about another hour until meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F. in the thigh.
- Remove turkey from oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Transfer to a large platter and serve with gravy for a sumptuous, Keto-friendly Thanksgiving turkey.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|