Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Although sage has been used for generations to add flavour to different recipes around the world, it is now beginning to see a fast rise in popularity due to its amazing health promoting and medicinal benefits. It can help to decrease inflammation throughout the entire body, boost our immunity and much more as we will discuss in this video. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming sage regularly.
1. First, sage is a great source of many different vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that can promote our overall health. This healthy herb is a great source of vitamin K, as well as manganese, iron, calcium, vitamin B6 and magnesium. It also contains some dietary fibre, is an excellent source of antioxidants and is quite low in calories.
2. Not only is sage a great source of nutrients, but it is also an amazing source of antioxidants. These healthy antioxidant compounds provides numerous health benefits for our bodies such as boosting immunity, reducing inflammation and reducing the risk of chronic disease, among others. Sage contains well over 100 different types of polyphenols, a powerful plant-based antioxidant. It is a good source of unique and potent antioxidants such as caffeic acid, ellagic acid and chlorogenic acid, all of which help to fight disease and reduce free radicals and oxidative stress. Sage also contains a powerful antioxidant known as rosmarinic acid.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
3. Consuming sage regularly can also help to improve heart health many different ways while also reducing the risk of developing heart disease. Studies have shown that regular consumption of this herb can help to lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol levels, while also increasing “good” HDL cholesterol. Its powerful antioxidants, good levels of fibre and high levels of nutrition are also helpful in this regard and can help to eliminate free radicals that can compromise the cardiovascular system.
4. It can also help to support heathy brain function and reduce the risk of developing unwanted brain disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease. One of the ways this incredibly healthy herb can support brain health is due to its many antioxidant compounds, which can help to stimulate the brain’s defence mechanisms. Importantly, sage may also be able to help slow down and reduce the break down of a chemical that plays and an important role in memory, which can help to reduce the risk of Alzeimer’s disease and dementia, especially as we get older. Also, regular consumption of sage can help to improve memory and alertness. Always discuss with your medical practitioner for further treatment and prevention methods in this regard.
5. Lastly, consuming sage regularly can help to improve overall digestion and support healthy digestive functioning. This is largely attributed to the antioxidant rosmarinic acid which help to reduce inflammation and acts as an anti-inflammatory for the stomach and digestive system. Not only does this help to improve regularity and increase nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat, but can also help to reduce unwanted digestive disorders. Sage can help to reduce diarrhea and bloating, as we as prevent gastric spasms.
Before consuming sage, discuss with your medical practitioner to make sure it is right for you.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|