Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Cinnamon is one of the most popular and well known spices around the world. Not only is it used for its pleasant taste and distinct aroma to add flavour to a number of recipes, but it is also incredibly healthy and can promote our health a number of different ways. In fact, cinnamon has been used for generations for its medicinal properties and is well known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming cinnamon regularly.
1. First, cinnamon is packed with important nutrition for our bodies. It is well known for being nutrient dense. It is an excellent source of manganese, iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc. It is also a goos source of dietary fibre and is high in many different types of antioxidants.
2. Not only is cinnamon a great source of nutrition, but it is incredibly high in protective antioxidant compounds that can help to reduce the risk of developing a number of different diseases. Its antioxidant content is so high that it ranks among the top 10 foods, herbs and spices when comparing antioxidant concentration and activity. Cinnamon is a great source of phenolic acid, flavonoids and polyphenols, among others, that can help to reduce free radicals and oxidative stress and prevent chronic disease and inflammation.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
3. One of cinnamon’s most well known health promoting abilities is its ability to increase heart health a number of different ways and reduce the risk of developing heart disease. Regular consumption of cinnamon has been shown in studies to help reduce total cholesterol and “bad” LDL cholesterol levels, as well as triglycerides, while increasing “good” HDL cholesterol. Cinnamon can also help to regulate high blood pressure levels and increase circulation.
4. It can also have benefits for those individuals who are at risk of developing diabetes or those who are suffering from the disease. When cinnamon is regularly consumed, it can help to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce insulin resistance. It can also help to lower blood sugar levels and is well know for this benefits. This is often attributed to its ability to decrease the levels of glucose that enter the bloodstream after eating a meal but slowing down the breakdown and digestion of carbohydrates in the digestive tract.
5. Lastly, consuming cinnamon regularly can help to promote and boost brain function and reduce the risk of developing neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. This is because cinnamon contains unique compounds that can reduce and inhibit the build up of a protein that can lead to neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease. Its high levels of antioxidants, free radical reducing abilities and anti-inflammatory compounds are also helpful in this regard. Always discuss with your medical practitioner for further treatment and prevention methods in this regard.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|