Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Foods Vital For Bone Health
Having healthy bones is very important to living a full, happy and healthy life and should certainly be considered just like making sure our organs are working optimally since ur bones are always changing and new bone mass is being produced. Poor bone health is generally characterized as having weak or brittle bones, lower bone density and bone related ailments such as osteoporosis. However, there are foods that can help to improve bone health that are higher in calcium, vitamin D, vitamin K, magnesium and phosphorus. Now, lets discuss some foods that are important when it comes to to keeping our bones healthy and lowering the risk of unwanted bone ailments.
1. First, one of the best foods that we can consume when it comes to bone health is milk. However, if you are vegan or simply are not in favour of cow’s milk, there are many options such as almond milk and rice milk that are fortified with high levels of calcium and vitamin D. Milk is packed with calcium, with one cup of milk containing almost 30% of the daily recommended value of calcium, 25% of vitamin D and 22% of phosphorus, making it very important for healthy bones.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
2. Leafy green vegetables are also great for promoting bone health. Foods such as spinach, kale and broccoli are very high in bone-building nutrients such as calcium, magnesium and vitamin K. Vitamin K is important for our bones since it is vital for forming bone protein and reduce calcium loss.
3. Walnuts are another important food choice for promoting healthy bones and their long term health. Not only are they a great source of magnesium, but they are rich in alpha linolenic acid, a form of omega-3 fatty acids, which studies have shown can decrease bone breakdown and increase bone formation.
4. Pumpkin seeds are an amazing food choice when it comes to overall bone health. They are incredibly high in magnesium and manganese, two bone healthy nutrients and also contain some calcium. Since research has shown that about 50% of the body’s magnesium is found in our bones, pumpkin seeds are great for promoting strong and healthy bones.
5. Lastly, beans such as black beans and kidney beans are a tremendous option for promoting our overall bone health. Beans are packed with magnesium and calcium, again two vital nutrients for our bones. As well, beans such as black beans are very nutrient dense and contain bone-healthy nutrients in good amounts, so you do not need to consume them in large amounts to obtain their bone healthy benefits.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|