Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Foods To Prevent Cold And Flu
Developing a cold or flu is never pleasant and as we enter the cold and flu season, it is important that we take care of our health to prevent illness. Fortunately, there are foods we can consume that can boost our health and immunity and help prevent getting a cold or flu while keeping us healthy. Now, lets discuss some foods that can help to naturally prevent getting a cold and flu.
1. First, oranges and other citrus fruits can be very helpful to boost our immunity and prevent illness. this is because oranges are a packed with vitamin C, an essential nutrient to prevent cold and flu. Studies have shown that not only can oranges and vitamin C prevent the common cold and flu, but also reduce the severity and duration as well.
2. Blueberries are also another great choice to prevent the common cold and flu. This is attributed not only to their high levels of nutrition, but especially their many potent antioxidants, such as flavonoids. Studies have shown that blueberries can help prevent and treat coughs and colds while flavonoid antioxidants are especially helpful with boosting the immune system.
3. Consuming ginger tea is one of the best natural cold and flu prevention food we can consume and can also help to treat these illnesses. Ginger tea has natural medicinal properties and importantly, has potent anti-inflammatory compounds that fight both a cold and flu. These powerful anti-inflammatory compounds can help to boost immunity and prevent bad bacteria.
4. If you want to prevent a common cold or flu, then broccoli is one of the best food choices you can make. Studies have shown that broccoli can help to boost our immunity and promote our overall health. As well, broccoli contains a unique compound known as sulforaphane, which promotes and activates antioxidant enzymes in the body and our cells to reduce free radicals. It is also packed with vitamin C.
5. Lastly, if you want to prevent developing a cold or flu this season, garlic is another great choice. Garlic contains medicinal properties and sulfur compounds that can naturally boost our immunity. Garlic is also well known for its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which can reduce bad bacteria in the body and reduce cold and flu.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|