Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Psoriasis is a skin condition that is quite common that causes skill cells to grow and build up quickly on the surface of our skin. These excess skin cells can form red patches, lead to dryness of the skin and are often painful and itchy. Although psoriasis is often as chronic condition, there are foods we can eat that can limit these symptoms and reduce unwanted flare ups. Now, lets discuss some foods that can help psoriasis and limit its symptoms.
1. First, if you suffer from psoriasis symptoms, you will want to make sure you are including a number of different vegetables in your diet, especially dark leafy green vegetables. This is because vegetables help to fight inflammation and are high in antioxidant compounds that can decrease free radicals and oxidative stress. Since psoriasis is an inflammatory condition, it is recommended that vegetables such as spinach, kale, broccoli and cauliflower are added to your diet.
2. A diet high in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich compound fruits is also often suggested to help fight against psoriasis flare ups. Blueberries, a common superfood, is considered to be one of the best fruit choices to fight and help against psoriasis outbreaks. Not only are blueberries high in anti-inflammatory compounds, but they also contain high amounts of vitamin C and fibre, which is important for overall skin health. Blueberries can also help to fight skin damaging free radicals and oxidative stress. Other good fruit choices to help with psoriasis include raspberries and strawberries, which also have high amounts of antioxidants and fight inflammation.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
3. Salmon is another great food choice when it comes to reducing the symptoms of psoriasis and reducing the risk of flare ups. Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce inflammation, even chronic inflammation and help to boost the immune system, which is often overactive in those individuals with psoriasis. Omega-3 fatty acids have also been linked with decreasing inflammatory substances and riding the body of free radicals and unwanted toxins. Other fatty fish choices that can help with psoriasis include sardines and mackerel.
4. Healthy oils, such as olive oil, coconut oil and flaxseed oil can also help to reduce the risk of psoriasis flare ups when used in moderation. These healthy oils are perhaps most well known for being healthy for our heart and decreasing heart disease, but it is also important to note that they can help to fight inflammatory conditions of the skin. Importantly, these oils contain more omega-3 fatty acids then other healthy oils and also contain omega-6 fatty acids, which can promote skin health and contain anti-inflammatory fatty acids.
5. Lastly, if you are looking to reduce symptoms and flare ups associated with psoriasis, avocados can help and provide relief. This is often associated with the high amounts of polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats which again can reduce inflammation and free radicals which make them healthy for our skin. Nuts such as walnut and flaxseeds are also a great choice when it comes to reducing psoriasis.
Please note, it important to add these foods to your diet to reduce psoriasis symptoms, but at the same time you will want to limit alcohol, fried foods and sugary foods to further reduce these symptoms.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
How Not to Die Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease Read more...
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|