Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Beets are an incredible superfood and enjoyed by health conscious individuals all around the world. They are an amazing nutritional powerhouse and can offer great health benefits for those who consume them regularly and even offer medicinal properties due to their unique and powerful compounds. They can be added to smoothies, juiced or added to many different recipes, with one half to a whole beet being more then enough per day. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming beets regularly.
1. First, beets are a great source of many different vitamins, minerals and other healthy nutrients. They are an amazing source of folate, and manganese, as well as potassium, vitamin C and magnesium to name a few. Beets are also a great source of dietary fibre anti-inflammatory compounds and plant compounds.
2. Beets can also help to reduce inflammation throughout the body, even chronic inflammation. This makes them a natural and effective way to treat inflammation, but also importantly reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases. This is often attributed to unique compounds found in beets known as betalains which possess a number of different anti-inflammatory properties. Beets can also help to reduce inflammation in the kidneys and other vital organs.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
3. Consuming beets is also very healthy for our heart and can help to reduce the risk of developing heart disease. Studies have shown that beets are an effective way to naturally lower blood pressure. This is because they contain many heart healthy nutrients such as potassium and magnesium. Also, beets have a high concentration of dietary nitrates that are converted into nitric oxide, which acts as a vasodilator. The high levels of antioxidants and nutrition are also helpful in this regard.
4. Regular consumption of beets is also able to help improve overall digestive health and promote proper digestive functioning. This is because beets are packed with dietary fibre that research shows can improve digestion. The good levels of fibre found in beets not only helps good bacteria in the gut to thrive, but it can also help to add bulk and promote regularity. Beets can also help to reduce symptoms associated with digestive and inflammatory conditions such as constipation and pain.
5. Lastly, consuming beets regularly can also help to support brain health and improve cognitive function, especially as we get older. The healthy nitrates found in beets may be able to help improve cognitive function by increasing blood flow to the brain. This has the benefits of improving memory and reducing the risks of unwanted brain disorders, such as dementia.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|