Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Almond butter has grown in popularity over the last few years, becoming almost as popular and well known as peanut butter. This is because it is packed with many different types nutrients, healthy fats and can promote our overall health a number of unique ways. Just be sure to consume almond butter in moderation since it can be quite high in calories. 1 tablespoon is more than enough especially since it is so nutrient dense. Now, lets discus some of the amazing health benefits of consuming almond butter regularly.
1. First, as mentioned previously, almond butter is incredibly nutrient dense and contains good levels of many different types of vitamins, minerals and other vital nutrients. It is a great source of manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin, vitamin E and folate among many others. It is also a great source of dietary fibre, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat and antioxidants.
2. Almond butter can also help to boost our immunity and help to reduce the risk of unwanted disease. Regular consumption can promote the proper functioning of the immune system as well. This is often associated with the amazing amounts of antioxidants found in almond butter. These powerful antioxidants can help to reduce free radicals and oxidative stress that can damage and weaken the immune system. Also, almond butter can help to reduce inflammation due to their high levels of nutrients and antioxidants which can compromise our immunity.
3. Regular consumption of almond butter can also help to promote the overall health of our heart many different ways and reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Again, this is due to potent antioxidant compounds such as flavonoids and monounsaturated fats, which support heart health. The high levels of magnesium and other nutrients in almond butter can also help to regular and even lower high blood pressure. As well, studies have shown that almonds and almond butter can lower “bad” LDL cholesterol while also maintaining their “good” HDL cholesterol levels and preventing LDL cholesterol oxidation.
4. Looking to improve the health and look of your skin? Then consuming almond butter regularly can certainly help in this regard. This is because almond butter is such a great source of vitamin E and other antioxidants which we have already discussed in this video. Almonds also contain high concentrations of skin healthy nutrients such as quercetin, catechins, kaempferol and flavonol antioxidants. All of these compounds and antioxidants can help to reduce skin damaging free radicals and oxidative stress which can lead to the sings of aging and fine lines and wrinkles. As well, almond butter can help to keep the skin hydrated and improve circulation.
5. Lastly, consuming almond butter regularly can provide benefits for those who are suffering with diabetes or those individuals who are at risk of developing the disease. It can help to control blood sugar levels in the body. As well, studies have shown that almonds and almond butter can positively effect glucose tolerance and have positive effects related to metabolic syndrome. The high levels of monounsaturated fatty acids can also help to slow down the rate at which glucose is released into the bloodstream. Almond butter can also help to prevent insulin resistance.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|