Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Pecans are one of the more popular nuts and are enjoyed raw or in a number of different recipes to improve and enhance their flavour. In addition to their great taste, pecans offer an incredible amount of health benefits that are important for our overall health. They are packed with nutrition, are an antioxidant powerhouse and are heart healthy. You do not have to eat pecans in large amounts to obtain these health benefits, with 5 to 10 pecans being more then enough. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming pecans regularly.
1. First, pecans are an excellent source of many different vitamins, minerals and other healthy nutrients that can promote our overall health and longevity. Pecans are an excellent source of manganese, copper and thiamin, as well as zinc, phosphorus and magnesium. They are also an excellent source of dietary fibre, healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
2. Regular consumption of pecans can also help to improve the health of our heart and reduce the risk of developing heart disease. Pecans have been shown to reduce systolic blood pressure and regulate blood pressure overall all. They can also help to reduce serum lipids which can positively effect cholesterol levels by reducing “bad’ LDL cholesterol and increasing good “HDL” cholesterol. The monounsaturated fats can also help to regulate high cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of unwanted heart ailments. The power antioxidant compounds and dietary fibre are also important for heart health.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
3. Pecans can also help to improve overall digestion and support proper digestion and nutrient uptake. This is often attributed to the high levels of fibre found in pecans which can promote regularity and increase colon health overall. Pecans have also been shown to reduce symptoms associated with digestive ailments, such as constipation and even colitis by helping good bacteria in the gut to thrive and reducing inflammation throughout the digestive tract.
4. Surprising to some, but pecans can also help to improve overall bone health and strength of our bones. This is because pecans are an excellent source of bone healthy nutrients such as copper, manganese and zinc, which are vital for bone health. These compounds can help to increase bone mass and support bone density while also reducing the risk of developing unwanted bone disorders such as osteoporosis.
5. Lastly, consuming pecans can help to promote the health of our skin, prevent skin ailments and help the skin to look more radiant and younger looking. Pecans can help to eliminate toxins and free radicals from the body that can lead to oxidative stress which can damage the skin and lead to fine lines and wrinkles. The many potent antioxidants, such as ellagic acid and vitamin E can also help the skin to look younger and reduce signs of premature aging. Pecans can also help to reduce the risk of skin infections.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|