Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Pineapples are a delicious tropical fruit consumed around the world, and in many videos we have discussed the health benefits of this heathy food choice. These videos generally discuss the inside pulp of the fruit, but did you know that pineapple peels also offer incredible health benefits. Do to the toughness of the skin, it is best to enjoy their great health benefits by boiling them and letting them simmer and steep for about 10 to 15 minutes then consuming the liquid as a health promoting tea. The skin of one to two pineapple is more then enough and can provide numerous servings. Now, let discuss the health benefits of consuming the liquid of boiled pineapple peels regularly.
1. First, pineapple peels can provide incredible anti-inflammatory benefits. Not only does the fruit of the pineapple contain a powerful enzyme known as bromelain, but it is also found in high concentrations within the skin of the pineapple. Pineapple peel tea or liquid can help to reduce inflammation throughout the entire body, both acute and chronic inflammation which can naturally boost he immune system and reduce pain and swelling around our joints, which makes it a great natural remedy for those dealing with symptoms associated with arthritis.
2. Boiling pineapple peels and consuming the liquid is also loaded with potent and powerful antioxidants that can provide numerous health benefits for our body. Pineapple peels and their tremendous antioxidant content can help to fight free radicals and oxidative stress that can lead to chronic diseases and naturally boost our immune system. These antioxidants are also great for our skin and can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How Not to Die Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease Read more...
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
3. When consumed regularly, boiled pineapple peel tea or liquid can help to promote the health of the digestive system and promote overall digestion. Pineapple peels can help to increase regularity and promote regular bowel movements. This allows them to reduce symptoms associated with constipation and bloating. Also important for overall digestive health, boiling pineapple peels and drinking the liquid can help to increase healthy gut flora, which has many important health benefits and can increase nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat.
4. If you are looking to boost your immune system naturally, then pineapple peels can certainly help in this regard. This is because they are loaded with a number of natural immune system boosting compounds, nutrients and abilities. Boiled pineapple peels are a great way to add vitamin C to your diet, which is a vital nutrient and antioxidant to support immune system health. They can also help to fight and even prevent infections while reducing common cold and flu symptoms. The unique compound bromelain found in pineapple peels act as a natural bacteria fighter and can support good gut bacteria.
5. Lastly, surprising to some, but boiling pineapple peels and consuming the liquid from them can help to support and promote dental health and keep our teeth healthy. This is not only attributed to its inflammation fighting properties which can have health promoting abilities for our gums and tissues, but pineapple peels are a great source of manganese. Manganese is vital when it comes to the overall health of our teeth as it can help to repair and strengthen them. As well, pineapple peels has astringent properties that can keep our gums healthy and reduce bacteria in the mouth.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|