Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: MunchForWellness.com
Boil Lemon Peels And Drink The Liquid, THIS Will Happen To Your Body!
Lemons and lemon water are very popular among health conscious individuals, but did you know that the lemon peel also contains amazing health benefits that can promote our health many different ways. Studies have now revealed that lemon peels are packed with bioactive compounds and other health benefits. Just take lemon peels from two to three washed lemons and add them to 3-4 cups of water. Boil and then reduce heat, letting steep for about 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool to your desired temperature and then consume. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming the liquid from boiled lemon peels.
1. First, the liquid from lemon peels are a great source of nutrition, and contains many different vitamins, minerals and other healthy nutrients. Boiled lemon peels is an amazing source of vitamin C, as well as vitamin B6, calcium, copper, potassium and riboflavin. This liquid also contains many antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds and dietary fibre.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
2. As mentioned previously, boiled lemon peels and the liquid obtained from them are an antioxidant powerhouse and is one of the main reasons why so many people are now consuming this drink. Boiled lemon peels are high in antioxidants such as D-limonene, flavonoids and vitamin C. These potent antioxidants can help to reduce chronic disease, eliminate free radicals and boost the immune system.
3. Boiled lemon peels also has tremendous several anti-fungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and compounds. This allows the mixture to reduce unwanted bacteria and other microbes in the body that can lead to illness and even inflammation. These properties can have powerful benefits for our health, from boosting immunity to reducing the risk of infections.
4. Consuming the liquid from boiled lemon peels can also help to promote overall heart health and reduce the risk of heart disease. This is because this drink it packed with heart healthy compounds such as pectin, flavonoids, vitamin C and anti-inflammatory compounds. The unique compound D-limonene can also help to reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol, increase “good” HDL cholesterol and lower triglycerides in the body.
5. Lastly, boiling lemon peels and consuming the liquid may be able to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer and may even have anticancer properties. This is often attributed to its high levels of flavonoid compounds and vitamin C, which can help with the production of white blood cells. D-limonene has also been shown to have anti-cancer properties. The high levels of nutrition, fibre and anti-inflammatory compounds are also helpful in this regard.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health – To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com. Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|