Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Cassava is a popular and important food choice around the world. This root vegetable is not only used in recipes and for its distinct taste, but also has a number of beneficial nutrients and can promote our health in a number of important and unique ways. It can also fit into practically any diet. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming cassava regularly.
1. First, as mentioned previously, cassava is an excellent source of may different vitamins, minerals and other healthy compounds that can promote our overall health. More specifically, it is a good source of vitamin C, manganese, potassium, folate, vitamin A, magnesium and many others. It is also a good source of dietary fibre, low in fat and is high in resistant starch.
2. Consuming cassava can also play an important role in improving digestive health and promoting the proper functioning of the digestive system. This is often attributed to the good levels of fibre that is contains. This fibre can help to add bulk and promote regular bowel movement. As well, cassava can help to remove toxins from the intestines and reduce inflammation. This can help to improve nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat as well as reduce digestive ailments such as bloating and diarrhea.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
3. Cassava is also well known for its medicinal properties and purposes as well. One of these benefits of consuming cassava is that it can help to reduce headaches and migraines, which can be quite painful and interfere with an individual’s day-to-day life. This is because cassava contains compounds and nutrients, such as magnesium, and antioxidants that can relieve headaches. For best results, consume cassava tea or juice twice in a day when experiencing headaches of migraines.
4. It can also provide medicinal benefits when related to healing and promoting the health of our body. We have already discussed that cassava can help to decrease inflammation which can cause a number of different disease and health problems. When applied topically, it can also help to heal wounds and burns and speed up the healing process. By applying the pulp of cassava on to wounds and burns, this can help in the healing process and also prevent infections due to its many unique and healthy nutrients.
5. Lastly, consuming cassava regularly can help to improve the overall health and look of the skin. These skin health benefits can occur when cassava is consumed or when it is applied topically. The great levels of nutrients, antioxidants, such as vitamin C and vitamin A, along with its anti-inflammation compounds, can improve the look of the skin and brighten the skin, making it look younger and more radiant. You can also mix the peels of cassava into a paste and use this as a face mask which will help rejuvenate the skin.
Always discuss with your medical practitioner to make sure cassava is right for you and correct dosages.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka (Hardcover) Read more...
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|