Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Constipation is a digestive ailment that effects many individuals around the world. In fact, some studies show that well over 10% of the world’s population will experience constipation or chronic constipation during some point in their life. Symptoms of constipation can range from irregular bowel movements to hard stools. This is often caused for a number of reasons which result in food moving more slowly through the digestive tract. Now, lets discuss some foods that can help to relieve constipation and foods that can add bulk and increase bowel movements.
1. First, if you are suffering from constipation, pears can certainly help in this regard. This is because pears are very rich in dietary fibre, with just on medium sized pear contains over 5 grams of fibre. Not only that, but pears contain a compound known as sorbitol which can help relieve constipation symptoms. Since sorbitol is not absorbed completely by the body, its works as a natural laxative that can help to flush out the intestines and allow food to pass more efficiently.
2. Flaxseeds are another great choice to help relieve constipation symptoms. They have been used for generation as a natural remedy for constipation and to increase regular bowel movements. This is often attributed to their natural laxative effects. Also, flaxseeds are rich in both soluble and insoluble fibre which make them a great support for digestive health. Studies have found that the fibre found in flaxseeds can help to increase bulk and soften stool, promoting food mobility and stimulating regular bowel movements.
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We hope you love the products we recommend.Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!|
3. Prunes are another great food choice to naturally remedy constipation. Not only are they an excellent source of fibre, but they also contain unique compounds that can promote bowel movements. Prunes contain a compound known as cellulose, which not only adds bulk but also increases the amount of water in the tool. They also contain phenolic compounds which can help with the growth of beneficial gut bacterial. This can help food to pass through the digestive system more efficiently, contributes to their laxative effect and increase nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat.
4. Another great choice to relieve constipation is including apples in your diet. Please note, to relieve constipation and its symptoms, it is best to consume apples with the skin on, as this will contain more fibre. Apples are a great source of a compound known as pectin. Bacteria in the gut ferment pectin into short-chain fatty acids, which has the benefits of increase water in the colon, helping food pass through the digestive tract and softening stool. Apples can also help to increase good bacteria in the gut.
5. Lastly, citrus fruits such as grapefruits and oranges are also helpful to naturally relieve symptoms associated with constipation. Again, these food choices are high in fibre which promote bowel movements, but also contain other healthy compounds to promote bowel movements. Like apples, citrus fruits are a great source of pectin which studies have shown can reduce constipation symptoms and help food pass through the digestive system. Also, citrus fruits contain a unique flavanol compound known as naringenin, which has a natural laxative effect and can increase the secretion of fluids into the colon.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.
Video Source: Recipes4Health
Achieve digestive comfort today – Zenwise Health Digestive Enzymes are powerful supplements with a natural Enzyme, Prebiotic, and Probiotic blend to promote healthy digestion for m... Read more...
|AMAZON AFFILIATE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Munchforwellness.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, AmazonWireless.com.|